Friday, January 8, 2010

I Can't Speak Chinese!

OK so the big day is less than a week away and I've had some realizations.. first of all, I can't speak Chinese. Apparently this isn't as big of a problem as I thought before because English is pretty popular, but I'm still slightly apprehensive (ok, giving myself too much credit) about it. My list of things to do has taken up almost 2 pages in my journal.. shop, pack, power of attorney, last round of shots, give PT her water bottle.. and the list goes on and on.

In case someone actually reads this thing and is wondering, YES I am very nervous. But also very excited! And overwhelmed by everything. I'm beginning to think there's a drama queen living somewhere deep inside me that likes to come out when I'm stressed. I'd like her to stay in her corner because she annoys me (and probably alot of people who have to hear her rantings).

On another note, Mom's taking me to get my toenails done tomorrow and I'm pretty excited. First, because it's like a year overdue.. second, because it's much needed me-and-mom time. She's starting to worry about everything, so it'll be good to spend the day with her helping me get prepared and do my last-minute supply shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment